Pages

Wednesday 18 July 2018

WHY DO WE WANT TO BE TEACHERS?






The departure of Matias as our tutor reminded me of a video I saw on Facebook a few months ago. It was about a teacher in the United States who had multiple jobs ( I couldn't find it). And it reminded me that I had four jobs at the beginning of the year.
I remember feeling so exhausted by the end of the day that I just wanted to quit all my jobs and sleep for an eternity.
Now I only have three jobs which means that I have some free afternoons... which means I get to take naps! So everything is better now. (If I can sleep, I am happy.)๐Ÿ˜



While I was looking for the video I found an article by the CNN which is about teachers who have multiple jobs in Oklahoma. It tells the story of a maths teacher who has SIX different jobs! (I was shocked when I read it. I'll leave the link here if you want to read it: These teachers work up to 6 jobs.)  It also explains that Oklahoma is among the bottom three states for teacher salaries.



But the truth is that teachers have poor salaries worldwide. We knew it before starting the teacher training college, we knew it during the course and we know it now at the end of the course and from experience. 

Sooo, Why do we want to be teachers? It's not for the money, obviously. ๐Ÿ˜‚ I would like to know what you like the most about this profession and what keeps you motivated. Do you have any other job apart from teaching? You do it because you like it or because you have to?

In my case, I chose this profession because I had some terrible teachers of English at school. I have always loved the language and the only place in which I could study it was at school but my teachers really let me down with boring lessons and by not giving their best. I want to show my students that English is fun and that it is important to learn another language. It's not always easy but I try to give my best.

Well, this post is already too long and we are on holiday so I better go to sleep ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
Enjoy these two weeks and recharge energies for the last part of the year! 
See you,

Roh 

No comments:

Post a Comment

FLA in process!

Hello! This time I will show you some First Language Acquisition in process hahaha.  I will show you a video of my nephew, Tango. He is...